Monday, November 1, 2010

Now is the time!

Finally I have a weekend where I brought home the bacon! Feels like ages since I've delivered. I've probably had more profitable weekends but this was very satisfying indeed. A combination of essentially my 3 strategies (backing, laying and correct score) all coming good just when I needed them the most.

I've been in this position before where I've had a decent run and to see all my profits pissed away soon after so Im not doing backflips or running around the appartment naked screaming "Im the King" just yet because gambling always comes back to bite you in the ass when you think you're on top of it. I've had to learn that the hard way so many times its untrue. But I've given myself a platform and something to build on.

Make no mistake about it, as Denman pointed out in one of my previous posts, now is the time to be trying to make money on football. For the second week in a row, an 8 fold of Utd, Chelsea, l'arse, Liverpool, Barca, Real, Porto and Benfica would have landed! Obviously its not just as simple as backing the favourites every week and sitting back to count your winnings but teams are becoming far more reliable now and you also have form stats to work with now. Bilbao are also looking very strong at home. Always entertaining matches there. Cant see them hanging on to Llorente for much longer. A big bid will come from somewhere in Januart or the Summer and that will be that. Was a bit surprised that Real Salt Lake lost the first leg of their play off on Saturday night. Cant remember the last time they have lost a match. They're usually very reliable. Lucky for me I wasnt involved. Next week could be a different story.

Bayern also may have kickstarted their season on Friday night. They really had no other option. Im still not going to be piling into them just yet as without Ribery and Robben they're still likely to frustrate but signs of improvement at least.

I dont know how to play the next couple of nights of Champions League. I have that feeling that Utd will send out a weakish team and doing that in Turkey albeit against a poor Bursaspor could still be risky. May have to look elsewhere. Barca and Valencia look tempting. We'll see what happens. Lets hope the next post is more good news! Good luck!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment