Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Conundrum and Blog Comments

Well El Classico went to plan from a punting perspective to make it a happy birthday indeed! Netted 25 from correct score and 12 from match odds. Didnt expect 5-0 though. Crazy scenes. Certainly as good a performance as you will see from any team this season. Simply majestic. Madrid couldnt get a kick. If Barca had been able to play like that against a 10 man Inter last season then they would still be European champions, no question. Have to credit how well Inter defended on the night though.

So we're into December, the last month of 2010. Is anyone else feeling a little weary? Hand shaking when they're entering the amount they're going to stake on a match on betfair? Got that rotten feeling in your stomach when a bet is matched? Heart racing faster than it usually does? The fear that this time you are going to do your conkers?? No, me neither.... It is a dangerous time. Coming close to xmas you want to do well and you want to finish the year on a high and there just seems to be so many matches on. It would be a right pain to make a balls of things this month of all months. I think the key for me is not trying to do too much. Just pick a strategy for a match and stick with it. Dont go looking elsewhere, dont look at the other markets, dont try and bet on many matches at once and I should be ok. If a loss happens it happens, sometimes its unavoidable and thats the game but as long as Im happy that I did the right thing then I can live with it and move on to better days. The race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong but time and chance happens to them all. Lowering my stakes has helped me look for a bit more value but I still have that temptation to go bigger again and to really go down swinging. How thin the line is between bravery and stupidity.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that on my post "7 days in the sun" 4 people left comments that I didnt respond to until now. I am completely 100% sorry. I think if someone has made the effort to comment the least a blogger can do is respond. I didnt see them until today. The comments were mainly about adding their blogs on my blogroll - which I have done, how things went with the older lady - suberb, and that they enjoy reading the blog - thanking you very much. Hope somebody gets a bit of entertainment from the thing.  I dont think I'll never have the discipline to be a pro or an expert at this thing but as long as somebody enjoys reading and i dont go bankrupt we'll keep plugging away! Cheers and as usual, good luck everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Can you me to your blog list please mate, I've added you to mine

    Newsportsexchangetrader.blogspot.com

    Thanks

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good Christmas and lots of winners in 2011.

    ReplyDelete