Monday, March 28, 2011

All Or Nothing

Another good week particularly on the football side of things where my aggression seems to be paying off at the moment. Usually international weeks can prove to be a real pain but there can be some good value around particularly when teams are playing away from home.

England at 1.44 against a truly hopeless Wales side?? Bale out injured?? I absolutely ploughed into that. There are some international away grounds where teams go to and from a betting perspective you think, that could prove tricky so I should stay away from this match. Millennium Stadium is certainly not one of them. Wales get stuffed every time I've watched them play there so I thought England would be 1.25-1.3ish. Good to see Capello trying a new formation as well. The 4-3-3 looks like it has potential and Scott Parker getting reward for his impressive domestic form. Rooney still firing blanks though and apparently nobody reminded him that he was one yellow away from suspension. Wazza makes the England research team pay dearly by getting booked. Great stuff!

The Ireland match was a much more nervous affair. Again I thought they were overpriced but Macedonia can play and they really strutted their stuff on the night and if it hadnt been for their keeper they would have come away with all 3 points. Sometimes the luck just favours you so I'll take it! He who dares..... Shock horror that the Gibson Whelan midfield dream team didnt control the match. 2 better players on the bench in McCarthy and Fahey. These Italian managers can be a stubborn bunch.

The cricket unfortunately proved my downfall this week. I bet differently on all 3 matches. On the Pakistan Windies match I went all green at halfway to leave me +48 on both teams. On the India Aus match I backed India at the half way point for €150. Thought they were a bit too high at 1.7ish considering they have Raina coming in at 7. That shows the strength in their batting when you can have someone of that calibre coming in at 7! On the third quarter final I lumped on the Saffers pre match as I was confident they would get the job done! Mistaaaake! AB and Shark Kallis going along nicely and then absolute chaos. Was able to save about 20% of my money (which is good for me because its something I havent been doing in the past) but it was an annoying defeat considering the position they were in. I actually expressed my concerns on the betfair forum by saying that Du Plessis at 6 and Botha at 7 meant that the top 5 would have to see them home. Its a shame I didnt trade like that! Oh well. It happens!

I finished off the week with a spot of tennis trading. Backed Ferrer and traded out when he went a set up to leave me +50 on the Spaniard and +38 on the Indian tart. Im trying to get back into trading mode. Alot of blogs have been covering gambling versus trading and the debate about which is better. I still havent been able to make up my mind. I have alot of thoughts on both but I'll leave that to a seperate blog post. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment