Monday, March 21, 2011

Recession Aggression!

I was feeling a bit pissed off with the world and life in general at the start of last week. Earthquakes, tsunamis, Gaddafi, Recessions and having to mind my girlfriends kid! That little bastard is a terror. No wonder Disco Stu said "Kids? Back Away. Not Today. Disco Lady!"

Anyway, with all this in mind I decided that the only way to fly was to attempt a kamikaze approach to my betting. Im not saying that this is always the way to go but sometimes weeks just present themselves where there seems to be alot of value around and this felt like one of them. We're getting to a glorious stage of the season where teams are desperate for wins to keep alive title challenges/European places etc. so its always a good time to be a bit of a nutter imo.

It started with backing the Saffers to batter Ireland (at awful odds but I needed to get things going) and then €100 on Hurricane Fly to place. I know nothing about horse racing but I said to myself that if this came off that I could take it as a sign that it could be my time. Always a tricky situation trying to watch a horse race at work but I handled it nicely!

I thought there was alot of value around in the football. Its just my opinion. Usually my strategy is to lay teams or to hit correct score but I really went for the wins this week. There was alot of luck involved if Im being honest. 4 or 5 of the matches were narrow 1 goal victories but thats not my concern. The teams won and thats all that matters. I was really liking Madrid at 1.35 against Lyon considering CR7 was fit again and Chelsea at 1.68 against Mancinis bus parkers. Utd at 1.54 and 1.44 against Marseille and Bolton were big gambles but they came off so we'll take that!  There was a glorious inevitability to that late Berbatov winner  but I still needed a change of trousers after such was my delight! Inter Milan also enjoyed contributing to my high blood pressure this week with a narrow victory over Lecce who were actually decent on the day. Finished off the weekend sneaking a few quid on the Porto match. They're up there with Barca on the reliability scale.

Think I might just go back to laying teams in the coming weeks. The wins arent as big but its a safer strategy and should still prove profitable if the right selections are made. The week was very satisfying but in all honesty I should have lost somewhere along the way. A €47 loss was the only damage done in the Spurs game. My heart couldnt take that every week. It was a bit sloppy and was chancerism at its finest but it turned out to be a good week so lets hope for more of the same.

Happy to have left all my green on Barca for the CL. They will destroy Shakhtar and then its either Tottenham or Madrid in the semis. We may have to be splitting our green at that stage but we'll just wait and see for now. Im just happy they're side of the draw doesn't contain Chelsea. For some reason, Chelsea are just a bad match up for Barcelona. Good luck everyone!




                  

No comments:

Post a Comment