Saturday, October 9, 2010

The working world....

Christ working is a pain in the arse. I mean it really is. You know the way in about a boy, hugh grants character says: I would work but I wouldnt have time to do anything else. How right he was. Finding Dublin alright. Theres a pretty good buzz around the city but theres alot of beggers as well. Never got them in galway. Every small street and every atm there is somebody holding a cup wanting a few quid. Its a bit depressing sometimes but thats the way it is. 50 minutes in and out on the bus is a bit annoying but im looking for somewhere along the luas line so hopefully that shit will be over soon and i wont have to get up at quarter to 7 and come home 13 hours later.... Might still have to though. Balls...

The job is ok... Still dont really know what im at so im very weary. Marketing executive for a software company that provides reference data distribution products to financial institutions??? Jaysus!! And everyone there is in their late 30's or early 40's so I look well out of place. A 21 year old bullshitter with a shirt and tie who constantly goes to the kitchen to top up his coffee cup. Oh I can tell they're thinking "who the fuck is this chancer??" The CEO likes me though. Thats the main thing. Once I have him on my side Im laughing. His office is looking right out onto my desk so Im really having to pretend to look busy for 9 hours a day. And nobody leaves at half 5. Not one person. So then I cant leave at half 5!! These software dudes are really into their work. All in their own little world. Ah I'll get used to the place.

There really was nothing to bet on this week was there?? Certainly not from a football perspective. And when there was, every fecking match was on at the same time or overlapping. Thats the problem with the euro qualifiers. You're going to miss out on some matches that you could make a winning on. Oh I miss the world cup qualifying schedule. Sexy so it was. You'd start with Asia in the morning or maybe Australia. Then the euro ones go right through the day and were all spaced out nicely. Then at night you'd have south america. A good 16 hour orgy of football at least. Perfect. The only money i made was 22 quid on spain. Ah I'll take it. Even if i was sitting at home in front of the laptop all day I wouldnt have won much more. I would kill for a good weekend of betting right now but it will have to wait until next week! More euro qualifiers coming up as well so hopefully i can find another few quid to sneak into the old back pocket. Dublin is so bloody expensive. In Galway I would always hand in a fiver for my pint and wait for my change. In Dublin I handed in my fiver and the barman looked at me as if I had aids or something. Paying more than a fiver for a pint?? Feck off. Back to Galway tonight for a 21st. Stone walls and the grass is green! Yes that will do nicely. Do I dare have a flutter on the darts?? We'll see. Good luck everyone.

Cheers




1 comment:

  1. Funny post, good luck with the job, £5 for a pint I think I will stay where I am !

    ReplyDelete