Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bye bye US Open

Well thats it. The end to 2 weeks of late nights, ups and downs and a few mini heart attacks along the way. This US Open was a hell of a ride and I have no regrets. I see it as my last tennis hurrah before I enter the working world. Realistically, once I start working, the days of betting on matches of a slam all day every day will be over so I definitely didnt hold back on this one.

It was a strange weekend overall. So many gubbings in the football it was untrue. Barcelona losing 2-0 to Hercules?? Also carnage at goodison with the 2 late goals. I was delighted Saturday evening to be up 140 considering many would have had done their conkers by that stage. Unfortunately the day didnt finish so well losing 1k in the fed djoker match. Absoloutely no complaints at all. Yes, I expected Fed to serve much better than 53% on first serves and make alot less than 66 unforced errors but the fact of the matter is I could have traded out and I didnt. But, he takes one of those two match points and its party time. It would be nice to never lose a bet and never make a mistake but life isnt like that. Its amazing how thin the line is between success and nowhere. Then on to Sunday and there really wasnt anything on at all. Managed to make 25 on the liverpool brum match somehow but that was that.

Didnt bet as big on the final today but delighted to make 190ish on Rafa and saw history being made in the process. Love the bull. Great man to have on your side when you need a bit of a bounce back after a dodgy weekend. Should go down as the greatest ever surely. The grand slam at 24. 9 majors already. Epic. The secret to his new serve is down below!

So what can I take from this US Open?? An overall profit of 249.13.... Its ok considering the time and effort put in but the fact that I was 1200 down after 3 days makes the profit far more satisfying. I just couldnt end the Open on those terms after 3 days! No way! At least it shows I can definitely fight because I was really in the shitter after the Wednesday of week 1. Fed losing hurt the profit big time but I got that far by taking risks so I was never going to hold back. He who dares....

Its a tough situation I have going on with tennis. The best way to describe it is.... Well think of football as my reliable wife. She'll always be there. Fits nicely into my schedule. Doesnt make a nuisance of herself and will be there for the rest of my days having my back. Then there's tennis. My mistress. Gives me unbelievable amounts of joy but alos leaves me feeling like a right dick at times. The problem with a mistress is she's not convenient, shes risky, she's expensive in the long term and you never really learn from your mistakes in time enough to avoid eventually being caught. I definitely need a change of tactics anyway. Probably just green out and call it a day. I get myself into positions to lock in a profit but let the bet ride. It will just hurt ya too much. Another thing is, tennis comes along in these bursts and I just become this tennis adrenaline junkie trying to make a profit in as many matches as possible before the tournie runs out and it clouds the decision making process. At least I get some time off before deciding the best way forward. Only really davies cup coming up and not sure I've much interest in getting involved. As I've said, I'll look back on the open positively. I proved that I could fight back from a bad position so now just need to focus on preserving profits when Im in a good position. Was a hell of a ride!

So its back to football for now. Ah yes. Thats better. Champions league tomorrow night to focus on. Will get involved in Utd Rangers, just dont know how yet. Was looking back and the overall profit for the blog now stands at 1072.33 after just over 3 weeks. Feels like I've been talking nonsense for longer to be honest! Nah, Im happy with that for now. Was down about 400 at one stage so things are on the up. Just keep avoiding the gubbings and we'll be fine. Im enjoying it and I hope my 2 followers are too! Ha! Definitely puts things into perspective when you have to think and talk about them after rather than using the magic memory delete button. Lets hope we can keep it going. All the best.

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment