Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hmmm serious rethink required

Could do no wrong at the weekend, could do no right the past couple of the days. Oh the joys of it all. Gotta take the rough with the smooth but the facts are simple, I've had a mare. I was too cocky at the start of the US Open. After a very successful wimbledon where everything went my way I was thinking that the same would happen again and as soon as you think you know it all you're screwed.

Yesterday started off well by trading the djoker match and getting myself 130ish profit but everything has gone downhill since. Completely lost my nerve in the Verdasco match and ended up with a huge red on both players. Then came up to Dublin today and my mind is on this interview tomorrow and shouldnt have given it a go today as I just wasnt right but I went for it anyway and that lead to getting myself into more trouble. Anyway, the whole reason I started the blog was to learn valuable lessons and I've learnt a few over the past couple of days. Im not sorry about the way things have gone because risks are part of the game but I just need to pace myself much better. If the mind is elsewhere then I shouldnt be risking large amounts. It just leads to silly mistakes.

Im really not sure is tennis the way forward for me. When its good you can get on a roll and really make it pay like I did at SW19 but when it goes wrong it just goes so bad. With football I always feel like Im in control of the situation and have a good read on things and there are options at my disposal. With tennis Im all or nothing. I need to figure out a different way of doing things or else just leave it out altogether. Football is perfect because most of it is on at the weekends and that gives alot of time to prepare and plan. Its not the same for tennis. Im forcing myself to try and make it pay and thats just stupid. I said in my last post how tired I was after day one. I think that should have been a clue that I wasn't good to go and the interview was also on my mind.

So lots to think about. Should I carry on with the US Open and see what happens?? The blog is called he who dares after all! Should I just focus on football because thats where I make consistent profits? Maybe go back to cricket which has given me my biggest win in my gambling career... Anyway, Im about 300 down for the blog at the moment which isnt a disaster but after getting off to a flyer its disappointing. One of my biggest problems since I started gambling has been not having a fear of failure. Losing just doesnt annoy me as much as it should. When I should be seething I can just get back on the horse and go again. This attitude just isnt going to cut it is it?  Thats the main reason I set up the blog, for days like this when I have to explain why I cocked up things rather than just putting a loss behind me and moving on. Need to learn faster and decide whats the best way to progress. Losses cant be avoided but silly mistakes can and in the end thats what could make the difference.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment