Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fighting back with Serbs, Spaniards and a crazy market

Decided I wasnt ready to give into tennis, not yet anyway. After the insane 24 hours that caused the blog to be at a loss, I was desperate to make things right and quickly. Decided I just need to give tennis more respect. It can be a crazy sport from a punting perspective. There is just so much to take into perspective and you're dealing with one person to bring home the bacon not a team. If they have a bad day you're done.


My confidence was shot a few days ago. Was wrecked and just frustrated. I decided to get back on track with smaller stakes during the Janko Roddick match and what a match to decide to change strategy! The market was wrong throughout, just wrong. Janko was 2-1 up and battering Roddick in all the rallies and serving really well but because of Roddicks pisser at the umpire, the crowd getting loud and a few more aces Roddick remained favourite throughout the 4th set trading in the 1.9's with Janko above evens. It was inexplicable. Its not often I think a market is way off the mark but it really was on this occasion. I would have had Janko sub 1.5 and even then I think Im being generous. I know there was a possibility of a choke but still...!! I said a few days ago I wasnt happy with Roddicks game. Its not exactly the most insightful statement you'll ever hear. Anybody who has watched Roddick in the last few months can tell that he's just not effective. I dont mind Roddick at all. He has done extremely well to stay in the top 10 and has had a great career considering his talent. But his limitations are being exposed and his serve isnt winning him as many free points as it used to. Maybe its the mono and he will come back and have a good season next year but Im not counting on it. Fair play to Janko though what a legend. Belting the winners for fun. Was so good to watch. Completely outclassed Roddick and deserved the win. He also got my confidence back and got the blog back on track. He doesnt give a crap though does he Janko?? Wheels on his bag instead of carrying the thing. Dressing like a bit of a tart. His love of classic literature! Great stuff.


Wins on Juan Carlos Ferrero, Verdasco as well as the Djoker last night put me back into profit for the blog. I love watching Ferrero. I think he is different class. His expression never changes either. No fuss. No cartwheels when he hits a winner. No "why me" look on his face when someone hits a good shot against him. Just gets on with it. I also had Spanish commentators for that match. Didnt understand a word but the way they pronounced "Juan Carlos" was a little arousing particularly when he hit a win winner. I hope he can school Melzer tomorrow. Not a fan of Jurgen. In fact I dont trust any grown man who wears his cap backwards to look cool. Hewitt aside, how many of these "dudes" have actually won anything significant?? Anyway, we'll see what happens. The Nando win went off without a hitch. A double break of serve in every set. I love it when a plan comes together. A meeting with bandy next is the tie of the round.


Was happy to back Nole last night as well. Some might call it crazy after his first round performance but I had my reasons. Firstly it was a night match so no sun dramatics from Nole. Also he performed the same magic trick at Wimbledon, an awful performance in the first round followed by a huge improvement in his serve and overall play in the following rounds so I was expecting the same again. More significantly, Petz is a nutter and hasnt been able to buy a win since taking Nadal to 5 sets at Wimbledon. Him and Melzer even lost the first round of their doubles at this event and they won the Wimbledon doubles. Really is out of sorts. Probably still hammered from celebrating taking the bull to 5 at SW19. Wouldnt be Nole if there wasnt drama though. 2 sets and a break up and fails to serve out the match. A comical tiebreak followed but got the job done in the end. 3rd seed?? Wish he'd act like it! Blake in the night session tomorrow. Interesting.....


Didnt get involved in any of the football today which was a shame. Alot of the prices were crap and the only one I would have had any interest in was Ireland Armenia and I was on the motorway returning from Dublin when that match was on. Typical. Anyway Im up 152.60 for the blog which considering I had about as a disastrous 24 hours as I could have on Tuesday-Wednesday Im happy enough. The highest point was over a grand with the lowest being down 400ish. Very specific so I am..... Crazy week which sums up my betting really! I fought back well though which is satisfying in itself. Didnt chase, didnt give in, just knew I got it wrong and got on with it.




Been spending alot of time on the betfair forum recently. Fascinating place but from a punting perspective its about as insightful as dogshit. The horse racing forum where every second thread is a forumite blaming a jockey for their losses. Pathetic really but always love watching a good seethe. I dont know anything about horse racing but the forum is entertaining. Football forum where there is "free money" everywhere and liverpool fans starting constant threads about how crap utd are and how fergie has lost it. Is it 19 or 20 years now?? Im losing count. Anyway, this is their year. Torres injured tonight playing for Spain as well. Not that they need him of course.... Ngog coming along nicely. And then there is the tennis forum. Nobody loses there. Everybody greens up accordingly. Except when the match is fixed of course.... The forumite SimpleJack sums up the place nicely. When Nadal was about to lose the second set tonight he posted the following: "hope you ****ing idiots have learned your lesson , i got laughed at for saying there was a lot of tennis still to be played here , you lot look like a right stupid bunch of **** now." Then Nadal goes on to win the set and Jack very Simple reveals that he had backed Nadal all along. Sure he did, bloody idiot. Its a shame 70k's run came to an end tonight. His thread was the best one there by a long way. I followed his blog when he had it running and it was very good indeed. 

Got that job in Dublin anyway which starts in October. Very pleasing. Will probably get to go to the trading room up there at some point. Dont have any near Galway. Not that I need one really as personally I think its most beneficial when you're betting on racing in running and not tennis or football but would definitely like a day there anyway! Looks very swish. Dont think I'll get to bet tomorrow as I have to go to Achill for somebodys leaving do! Bollocks anyway. Wanted to keep the week going but maybe no harm in taking a break. Getting back into profit was good work. Would be a shame to make a balls of it again. Also added in a nice picture of a lady below for no reason at all.

Cheers!
















No comments:

Post a Comment