Monday, September 27, 2010

A Real pain in l'arse

Christ, Saturday was a nightmare. Worst day for the blog I think. Sigh! I decided to change strategy and become more aggressive and I picked the wrong weekend to do it!

It started off ok. Played with the correct score market on the city match and won about 80 but after that everything went tits up. I was getting edgy by the end of last week because I felt that I wasnt progressing as fast as I maybe should be so I wanted to change that on Saturday. I just became to stupid and aggressive. Not the first time its happened. Will it be the last??? Arsenal let me down badly. Like what can you do?? All contingency plans go out the window when a team goes 0-2 down in about a minute. Then I decided to chase huge with Real Madrid and that was that! It was like watching the old batman with all those words appearing on the screen: CRASH, BANG, WALLOP, KAPOW!!

Everytime I've lost a bet on the blog I've asked myself the same thing. Would I place that bet again in the same situtation?? The answer has always been yes but on Saturday night after assessing things it really was a poor performance. An Arsenal side with no Fab, RVP, Theo and Wilshere only on the bench against a WBA side in good form. Poor bet! And also the Almunia factor has to be taken on board when examining l'arse. A Madrid side who have been very unconvincing away from home against a Levante side who were always going to battle for their lives when the big boys came to town. Another really poor bet.

I decided to go back to the tried and trusteed tactics on Sunday and won 117 on the Utd Bolton match. It just goes to show, if it aint broke.... I really shouldnt have tried to force things. Everything was going well. Let myself down badly and really have to start basically from scratch again.

Anyway, its times like this that the blog is for. Its easy to sing when you're winning. Look at me Im great!! But when you become a royal fuck up its tougher to talk but the lessons have to be learnt and losses have to be looked at. This is my last week in Galway before moving to dublin. It will be the biggest dose of reality that I will get in my life but I'll talk more about it before the big move.

So anyway, very disappointed but have to get back on the horse. The blog high was about 1800 and the lowest was down about 300-400. Im up about 300 now so we're not going to panic or blame our luck. You cant change tactics and increase stakes at the same time and expect to come out the other side a richer man. Things take time. Experimentation needs smaller betting before you can really go for it. Unfortunately I've had to learn that the hard way. Good luck!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Who could've seen that coming though! 3-0 down to Brom at home?!

    A wise man once said "fortune favours the brave"...actually it might have been Stan Collymore but nevermind ;)

    He also says "they need to clear their lines" a lot, which is just plain annoying!!

    Hang in there, the PnL you posted the other day for Aug/Sep was really impressive. Looks like you have a good insight into footy trading, despite this blip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mets!

    Ya the arse match was frustrating but the chase on madrid was just wreckless.

    I seem to have a good idea for what works and what doesnt work for me but am still trying to learn. When I went back to the usual tactics for the bolton match, it worked like a charm!

    I have no idea what made me lump on madrid. Guess it was just frustration and anger. Its a harsh lesson but we'll plough on. Its days like that where the blog becomes more useful and I really have to analyse where I went wrong and what the hell I was thinking!

    Thanks for the comment.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete