Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Road to recovery....??

I've had 3 bets since Saturdays disaster. Won 113 on the Bolton Man Utd match (thought it was 117 in my last post), 40 on Villarreal Malaga match last night and 50 on Chelsea tonight. Looks like the comeback is on!

Thats pretty good going though. €203 in 3 bets. I'll take that all day long. Didnt have to do anything stupid either. Everything  went nice and smoothly. Malaga were actually the better side in the second half last night even though they were down to ten men. I like watching Villarreal matches alot. Always seems to be goals or at least a good open match. Its interesting how a goal fest in the first half of a match never seems to lead to a barrage of goals in the second half. You'd think last night that at 2-3 at half time and Malaga down to 10 that more goals would follow. I feel sorry for the poor bastard out there that ploughed into over 5.5 goals at half time. We've all been there. Its not fun. I think people are better off laying 0-0 at half time if the first half was goaless rather than assuming that an open first half leads to an open second half. I dont know. Its a strategy that I've thought about many times but Im just too busy focusing on match odds. Maybe I'll run a trial on it and see what happens.

So anyway, on to Chelsea tonight. Had no problem going against Marseille. I genuinely believe that the French sides are among the weakest in the champions league compared to Spain, England, Germany, Italy and Portugal.  Both French sides were beaten tonight incidentally. Its just a very poor league at the moment. Chelsea drifted 7-8 ticks overnight for some reason and Marseille came in from 11.5 to 9.2. I can only think that people were concerned with no Lampard and Drogba but Malouda and Essien have been the standouts for Chelsea this season and as long as they were both playing I was happy. I also believe Anelka is better with no Drogba but Im sure many people have differing opinions. I must admit, I never used to get all the Michael Essien hype. Always thought he was a handy player, nothing more. But I have been unbelievably impressed with him this season. Chelsea are just better when he's there. Ancelottis decision to release so many midfielders in the summer is starting to make sense now. Carlo knew! Still think there is too much premature ejaculation regarding Chelseas start to the league though!

Funny how l'arse and Madrid both find victories tonight! Oh where oh where was that on Saturday?? Bunch of feckers. The joys of gambling! I also seem to have a few more followers!! 8 in total although I accidentally became a follower of myself so its only really 7! I tried to undo it but cant. Ah well, if you're not going to love yourself then who are you gonna love?? Cheers to mets for the comment on the last post as well. Always nice when someone else gets involved on the blog and to get a bit of feedback. Dont be shy folks. All the best and good luck.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment