Thursday, September 9, 2010

More late nights

Completely lost all awareness of night and day now. Love it though. Staying up until all hours betting on tennis. Its what its all about. Will miss it when the open is over. Staying up late with nothing to do. Starting to run out of matches as well. Wouldnt be surprised if I dont end up betting tomorrow. Will be working when Stan Youz starts and Im not thrilled with the odds being offered on Rafa. Anyway, we'll see what happens. No point betting just for the sake of it. Tempting to keep going because the last 7 days have been epic. Lots of football on at the weekend to look forward to so no need to rush into anything for the next couple of days.

Another profitable night in which I made over 200. Pretty good going I think. As I said, we're running out of matches fast. The unbelievably windy conditions made everything a little more uncomfortable from a punting perspective. No problems opposing Monfils though. Djoker in a nice groove his last few matches and Gael is just a clown. As talented as anyone out there but just pathetic really. He just seems so desperate to get the crowd on his side that what is actually going on is insignificant. Im probably being too blunt here but its just how I feel about the guy. Wasting his talent. Anyway, credit Djoker, played the conditions better and was always in charge of the rallies. Comfortable evening for him and his backers thankfully!

The Woz match was interesting. I like her game. Its watertight. Very few errors and can pick her winners at the right time. Makes less mistakes than her opponent and in the WTA thats good enough. Odds were woeful though. I expected drift because I thought the conditions would even up the match and thats what happened in the second set but a Cibulkova error was always around the corner. She played some cracking points though.  Was a much better match than the dogshit that the four ladies produced last night. Even better considering the wind.

So 2/2 and on to Fed. Just couldnt back him pre match. I was so tempted. Was on my mind all day. But the French Open was still in my memory. I really had to see which Soderling turned up before doing anything stupid.  As I said before, Soda is just a player that has screwed me royally in the past. I actually think he played a better first set than fed. The ump screwed him out of a break point early on but I always felt it was even. Was reading on bbc there about a fed masterclass and all that but Soderling just played awful on the big points and thats what it came down to. I suppose thats the game really. But Fed broken 3 times in the match by a statistically poor returner?? Was more of a Swedish choker masterclass rather than a Fed masterclass imo.  Can Nole and Nadal hold their nerve better than the sod?? I'd say so. I think I'd still give Nadal the outright edge from what I've seen. How much did the Ferrer win take out of Verdasco?? Surely that has something to do with the short price on the bull tomorrow... Spanish Bull V Swiss Goat is very much on for Sunday.

Will be great to get back to football at the weekend. Will be a culture shock! Football has always been my main focus. The blog has basically been a tennis blog so far but thats just because of the Open. I dont get the big wins on football though. Usually just happy to tip along at a nice pace. The tennis is where I really let loose. It can be tough to balance the two. More than happy with the way things are going at the moment. Feel like doing the dance below??

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment